Fun facts: Idaho holds the record for the world’s largest ball of twine, baseball bat, and rocking chair! But did you know Idaho is home to the world’s largest Albertsons? That’s right, Albertsons Market Street opened its doors in the Treasure Valley in March 2019. Eighty years prior founder Joe Albertson opened the very first Albertsons at 16th and State streets in Boise – it was 10,000 square feet. Modern day you can find well over 2,200 Albertsons locations nationwide and Market Street is over 100,000 square feet meaning that you can fit TEN of the first stores into this one! In addition to its massive size here’s what makes Albertsons Market Street so unique:
- There’s an indoor, temperature-controlled wine cellar. The wine section holds the largest collection of wine bottles in the entire state of Idaho! There is a Sommelier on staff that can assist in wine pairings to help you choose the perfect wine to pair with cheeses or your meal.
- Expanded seafood and butcher block with a live lobster tank and oyster bar
- A full bar and restaurant-quality prepared food including house-made pastries, deli salads, and fresh-baked pizzas
- Mochi bar
- Popcorn station
- A bulk chopped vegetable section for easy meal preparation
- 4 isles dedicated to pets
- Health, wellness, and beauty section
- Home decor
- Appliance sections – air fryers and instant pots galore
There are more than 3,700 new products, including hundreds of new specialty items in grocery, dairy, frozen, and health and beauty, with an emphasis on natural, organic, healthy and ethnic products. The Albertsons Market Street in Meridian is definitely more than your average grocery store, it’s above and beyond, and an enjoyable experience!
Albertsons Market Street
3499 E Fairview Ave
Meridian, ID 83642